- 1/2 c. Quinoa (I prefer the white quinoa for this but red or tri-colored will also do the trick)
- 1/2 can Cannelloni Beans or Red Kidney Beans
- 1 handful Cherry Tomatoes
- 1 handful Dried Cranberries
- 1-2 packed cups Spring mix with baby spinach, arugula and kale
- 1 tsp. White wine vinegar or Balsamic vinegar
- 2 tsp. Olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. Honey
- Salt & Pepper
Start by cooking your quinoa. While the quinoa cooks, open your can of beans and rinse them thoroughly. Set aside. Cut cherry tomatoes in half and set aside. Start making your vinaigrette in a small bowl by putting together; 2 heaping teaspoons olive oil, 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar and 1/2 teaspoon honey. Season the vinaigrette with salt & pepper. When quinoa is finished cooking, allow it to cool off for about 10 minutes.
Start layering your salad. First, add spring mix. Next, add quinoa and top quinoa with the beans. Add tomatoes and dried cranberries. Pour vinaigrette on top and serve!
P.S. When I make this dish for work lunch, I add everything to my tupperware bowl with the exception of the dressing. Add the dressing right before you eat it to avoid having super soggy greens.
P.P.S. Also, make sure you really shake up the dressing to mix the different consistencies of ingredients before you pour it on!